Skip to content
Page load link
Dr. Zaslavsky’s 5 Quick Tips For Preparing for Cervical Surgery
- Read about the procedure the doctor recommends! Knowing what the procedure is will help you address the right questions in order to prepare for surgery and alleviate anxiety.
- Take lots of vitamin C and stay away from sick contacts. I want you to go into surgery healthy to minimize the risk of complications.
- Get lots of rest in the weeks before surgery. This will recharge your internal battery and promote a healthy recovery process to go smoothly.
- Try to decrease your use of pain medications. Your body becomes tolerant of the substances and they will be less effective in treating your post-surgical pain. There are other alternatives, ask your physician about them.
- Try to relax. If you’ve done your homework and picked the right surgeon, that should put your mind at ease. Stress will decrease the healing response and is not helpful to you before your procedure.