National Spine Health Awareness Month is observed every October to remind us of how important spinal health is. A person’s spine health has a considerable effect on their quality of life.
COVID-19 has impacted our ability to stay active and it is time to get back on track. People need to reactivate their bodies and focus on effective spine care.
Throughout the month of October, we will be sharing some of our best practices for spinal health. Everyone can get back on track!
Best Practices for Spine Health:
- Get active – move your body for at least 30 minutes of physical activity
- Sitting – don’t sit for too long; take regular breaks
- Mobile device use – avoid text neck
- Eat healthy – obesity is linked to back pain
- Support your mental health – take time to relax
- Get adequate rest – Optimize your health by getting in 8 hours of zzz’s
For those suffering from severe neck or back pain, First State Spine is proud to offer numerous treatment options, including non-surgical pain management and innovative stem cell therapy.
Surgery is always the last resort.
Our philosophy – the treatment plan focuses on an accurate diagnosis of the source of the patient’s pain. This strategy, combined with many techniques that we have pioneered, enable the majority of our patients to achieve excellent results.