The Day of the Stem Cell Procedure
- If you have any significant change in your medical condition or history that may interfere with your planned treatment, please contact our office right away.
- You will need a driver to and from your procedure. You will be at the facility between 1.5-3 hours.
- If you are having the procedure under sedation, then you will have to be NPO 6 hours prior. You will be able to have clear liquids up to 2 hours prior
- If you are not having the procedure under sedation, you can eat a light meal before your procedure and drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself prior to coming into the facility. We draw your blood at your pretreatment, stem cell treatment, and post-treatment, and staying hydrated is key for good veins and an easy blood draw experience.
- Let us know if you have any allergies or sensitivities, especially to lidocaine, steroids, latex, or iodine.
- If your schedule changes and you are unable to keep your appointment, please call the office as soon as possible to reschedule. If you do not think you need your procedure and want to change your appointment to a follow up please let the office know at least 1 week prior to your scheduled procedure.