An injured back is one of the most common work-related injuries, and potentially one of the most serious. Dr. Bruce Rudin is Delaware’s expert on spine injuries and Workers’ Compensation. He and his staff use the latest surgical and non-surgical techniques to reduce pain and return injured workers to the highest levels of safe function as quickly as possible. Managing the treatment of an injured worker requires specialized expertise. As chairman of the Workers’ Compensation Health Care Advisory Panel, Dr. Rudin was instrumental in writing the state law that governs the management of injured workers. He was the only physician member of the panel that shaped the new system of provider certification, treatment guidelines, and reimbursement rates. Dr. Rudin has the expertise to ensure that injured workers are treated within the Workers’ Compensation requirements.
First State Spine’s Workers’ Compensation nurse case manager, Maura Cullington, has over 20 years of experience in facilitating and expediting the care of injured workers. She serves as liaison with the injured worker’s employer, adjuster, attorney and other providers to make the treatment process as smooth as possible.
Case Management services include:
- Dedicated phone line (302-894-1909) for insurers, employers, and attorneys to receive timely updates on care
- Injured workers seen within days of referral
- Access to Dr. Rudin to discuss treatment plan
- Treatment protocols
- Treatment plan and work status reports on the day of visit
- Dictated notes within 3 days
- First State Spine is committed to providing quality care to maximize every individual’s return to work and ultimately case resolution.
Any questions regarding the above information, feel free to contact Maura at 302-894-1909.